Custom report in google analytics: How to create a custom report in google analytics.
Custom report in google analytics enhance your experience the way standard reports insights provide you about your website performance. Custom reports are of great value and enable you to dig deep into your website performance either on the basis of a specific parameter or a combination of few. You can create your own custom reports in google analytics whatever pertinent to your website analytics requirement. Let’s check it out how to create a custom report in google analytics.
First of all we need to decide what report we are looking for. For the sake of example in this post and to make it simple we will be creating a simple report which tells us how many times visitors from specific city shared the content of a post or a page on facebook. The report will also tell us what specific posts or pages have been shared.
Now our custom report objective is ready, So here we go:-
- Login to your google analytics account.
- Select the website and then click on “All website data”.
- Click on “Customization”.
- Under custom reports click on “New custom report”.
- Give the title to your report.
- Enter your report content.
- Select your metric groups. For this example I have selected “Social Actions”, “Unique Social Actions”, and “Actions per social visits” as our metric groups.
- Under dimension drilldown we have selected “City” and “Page” as our dimension for the report.
- Now its time to add the filter. Since we are looking for facebook sharing data only, We will be including “Social network” and “Facebook” in the filter tab.
- Under views, select “All website data”.
- Click on save.
Your custom report is ready. Select the date range and you will find list of all the facebook shared posts and pages from respective cities.
You can create more complicated custom reports in google analytics which enable you find great insights about your website performance and take further course of action to improve your inbound marketing strategy.